Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

On Saturday, October 15, I participated in my 4th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.  Each year, thousands of people in Dayton participate in a three mile walk to raise money for breast cancer research.  This is an event that people participate in all over the country.
I have done the walk since 2008 and have been my group's team leader for the past two years.  I feel very passionate about this cause because my mother is a breast cancer survivor.  She was diagnosed my senior year of college. It was a difficult time for me because I was in my last semester and was not able to come home.  Because of this experience, I knew that I wanted to help raise money.  This is an even that I will attend yearly because I know that I am doing good.
The reason I'm blogging about the walk is that this is a public history event.  This event brings thousands of people together where they create a memory.  Any event that involves people and memories can be a public history event. When you are out in public, think about the difference places and events you attend.
P.S. If you would like to learn more about cancer research, please visit http://www.cancer.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment