Wednesday, September 28, 2011

About Me

Since I was a little girl, I have always loved history. Along with a love of history, I have enjoyed helping my fellow classmates and teaching. I got my undergraduate degree in Education with an emphasis on Social Studies grades 7-12. Since graduating, I have looked for a teaching job and have not had any luck. At Wright State University's grad fair, I met with the head of the Public History department and fell in love. I knew that this would be the perfect thing for me. By being a public historian, I would be able to share my love of history with the world.
Because of my program, I decided to blog about my experiences while I go through school and beyond. I hope people will enjoy reading this and that I will only continue to grow into a job I know that I will love.
To finish out this first post, I wanted to set some goals for myself. 1. I will graduate in 2 years like the program is set up. 2. I will have an internship that I will learn a lot from. 3. For my summer internship, I will apply for opportunities in Washington D.C. 4. I will volunteer to gain some experience in the museum field. 5. Once I graduate, I will look for a job that I will love. 6. Should it take me a while to find a job, I will continue to volunteer. 7. I will take as many classes as I can so that I can have experience in a little of everything. 8. I will go to museums in my free time to see the different ways museums work. 9. I will apply for a "spring break" internship at the Smithsonian Museum. 10. No matter what happens, I will continue to work to the best of my abilities.
That is all for now. I will continue to update the blog periodically. I have a few projects due in the next few weeks that I will blog about. I'm so excited to be in school and am loving every minute I am there! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment